Posted on November 12, 2010 by mrsmetaphor
Advent begins soon…the time of waiting in hope! As we did in Lenten season Julie Honeycutt and I are doing a workshop together here in Nashville bringing DoxaSoma and Authentic Movement together.
For those of you who are not yet familiar with Julie’s work, this is how she describes Authentic Movement:
Spirit led movement, also called Authentic Movement, is gentle, non-directed movement without music. You will learn to let movement happen rather than make it happen. You’ll literally learn how to be ‘moved by the Spirit’ with authentic motivation. Often participants experience the analytical parts of the communication lines between spirit, mind and body naturally naturally open, increasing awareness which most often results in healing.
It is remarkable and I truly hope you can make it to this small but powerful workshop.
Registration Info is found here:
|How to Register
Two steps to register:
1. Please contact Julie with your name, phone number, and email address.
2. These workshops fill up so, mail your donation to the address below to hold your spot or go to www.NashvilleCounseling.org and click the “Make a Payment” link and donate online.
Registration closes November 17th.
Donation suggestion $20-60.
Contact Julie if you have any questions.
PO Box 150126
| 9:30 – 10:00 Orientation and Getting to Know One Another
10:00 – 10:30 Devotional
10:30 – 11:45 DoxaSoma / Meditation
11:45 – 12:30 Break / Journal / Lunch
12:30 – 1:15 Authentic Movement
1:15 – 2:00 Journal and Share
|What to Bring
|· Yoga mat (if you have one)
· Journal or notebook
· Snack or light lunch (fruit and juice will be provided; full kitchen is available to you)
· Dress in comfortable layers
· Shoes that are easy to take on and off
Filed under: strong body series, Uncategorized, upcoming events |